NRNA USA Scholarship Committee has announced “Youth Leadership Scholarship Award 2018” for the students of Nepali origin.
This award has been established with an intention to equip young leaders with tools and vision that will encourage transformative leadership and active community engagement. $1000 will be awarded to 4 undergraduate students of Nepali origin from 4 different regions during the academic year (non-renewable) so as a support towards attaining their academic goal.
To be eligible for this scholarship award, students must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed below:
- Must be a legal resident – U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or Fl student to meet the criteria .
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a 4-year college/university.
- Must have cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours towards his/her undergraduate degree.
- Completed and signed application form.
- At least one leadership as well as academic recommendation from professors and officers from organizations the applicant is associated with.
- Leadership accomplishments – at least 2 activities the applicant has either organized or participated in. Proof of participation is required.
- Copy of most recent unofficial transcript
- An essay with it minimum of 350 words that justifies why the applicant &serves this scholarship.
- Final decision will be made by the Selection Committee which will be formed by Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants will be reviewed solely on information contained on the online form. Applications may not be revised after they are submitted. Applicants will receive a confirmation email once the application is successfully submitted.
In case of discrepancies,final decision will be made by the Scholarship Committee.
The winner will be announced in June 1st, 2018
SELECTION CRITERIA: Among others, we will primarily use the following criterion to select the recipients:
Leadership: This criteria includes, but is not limited to – engaged in Nepali community organizations in USA, represents Nepal within the university community to promote Nepali culture, involved in Nepali student organization and university/college organizations that work towards positively influencing others to give back to the communities.
Academic ability and achievements: Priority will be given to those who have strong academic records and to those who have academic awards and honors.
INFORMATION AND MATERIALS NEEDED TO APPLY
APPLICATION PERIOD: FEB 1st – MAR 31st , 2018
APPLICATION FORM: TO APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE
For further questions, please contact NRNA USA Scholarship Committee. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org I Phone 469-987-0909