© EduNepal (2018) All rights reserved
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
Tribhuvan University introduced a three year B.Ed program with one specialization area in 1996 with an aim to produce a competent manpower that can function effectively in the education sector. Later in 2072, the three-year program was revised and extended to four year, so was the specialization area. Today students can specialize in two areas.
The Bachelor of Education is an ideal course for those willing to make a career in the education sector. The program furnishes students with the skills and knowledge required to serve as a teacher in the primary and secondary level in school. The program consists of 22 subjects including general English, general Nepali, educational psychology, philosophical and sociological foundation of education etc. Students can specialize in one major subject that includes 10 courses. Students can specialize in areas such as political science education, economics education, geography education, population education, health and physical education, science education, etc.
Some of the Objectives of this program are
- To produce teachers capable to teach at the primary and secondary level
- To produce teachers who are capable to teach the differently able students
- To develop leadership qualities
- To enable students to function as a course designer, education officer etc
- To enable the students to adapt in the ever-changing societies and provide education accordingly
- To encourage lifelong research and learning
- To build a strong foundation for the higher studies
Cost of Study:
The cost of studying the Bachelor of Education has not been disclosed by the universities and colleges.
Career Prospect in Nepal:
The program prepares students to work in the field of the education. This degree holder can find jobs in both private and government academic institutions. Apart from working as a teacher, they can serve in education departments, education consultancies and coaching centers. One willing to be self-employed can run the tuition center.
Duration of Course:
B.Ed program offered by the Tribhuvan University takes four years to complete whereas Purbanchal University has a three year B.Ed program. It is an annual system program.
- Students interested to study the Bachelor of Education should have
- Completed 12 years of formal education
- Should have completed the +2 or Proficiency Certificate Level through the boards recognized by TU and PU
- Applicant from any stream (science, management and humanities) is eligible to apply for the program
- Applicant should submit the following documents at the time of admission:
- Complete and signed admission form along with an application fee
- Official copy of academic certificates (SLC onwards)
- Copy of a character certificate issued by the school
- Copy of a character certificate issued by the College
- Copy of citizenship card
- Transfer Certificate
Scholarships are awarded on the merit basis. Almost all the colleges and universities provide scholarship to the academically bright students. These sorts of scholarship cover tuition fees only. For the more detailed information, one may contact the university/college’s administration.
List of College Offering Bachelor of Education in Nepal
Colleges affiliated to Tribhuvan University
- Adarsh Azad College, Bhelukhel, Bhaktapur
- Achham Multiple Campus, Mangalshen, AAccham
- Abukhairani Campus, Aanbookhaireni
- Aarungkhola Multiple Campus, Mangalchour, Aarngkhola, Nawalparasi
- Aadikavi Bhanubhakta Multiple Campus, Suklagandaki, Tanahu
- Prithvi Narayan Campus, Bhim Kali Patan Marga, Pokhara
- Maherdra Multiple Campus, Nepalgunj
- Sanothimi Campus, Sanothimi, Bhakatapur
- Mahendra Multiple Campus Dang, Campus Road, Ghorahi
- Birendra Multiple Campus, Bharatpur, Chitwan
- Tikapur Multiple Campus, Tikapur, Kailali
- Mahendra Morang Adarsha Multiple Campus, Biratnagar
- Kanya Campus Pokhara, Nadipur Rd. Pokhara
- Maiya Devi Girl’d College, Kanya Campus Rd. Bharatpur
- Kailali Multiple Campus, Campus Road, Dhangadhi
- Madan Bhandari Memorial College, Rudmatti Marga, Kathmandu
- Kailai Multiple Campus, Campus Road, Dhangadhi
- Balkumari College, Bharatpur
- Kanya Campus Pokhara, Nadipur Rd. Pokhara
- Koteshwor Multiple Campus, Mahadevsthan Marg, Kathmandu
- Sahid Ramnath Dahal Multiple Campus, Pokhara
Colleges affiliated to the Purbanchal University
- Janata Adarsha Multiple Campus, Biratnagar, Morang
- Yeti Multiple College
- National Multiple College, Dharan
- Damauli College of Higher Studies, Damauli Baazar
- Annapurna College, Ena Baha Marg, Kathmandu
- Public Campus, Yapikhya Marg, Kathmandu
- Madan Ashrit Memorial Multiple Campus, Jhapa
- Lumbini Adarsh Degree College, Kawasoti, Nawalparasi
- Karfok Bidya Mandir Multiple Campus, Illam
Graduates with this degree earn from NRs. 12,000 to NRs. 16,000 per month.
Further Study Option
The Bachelor of Education degree holder can further their education by joining Master of Education.
List of Similar Course
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
BA in Education and Teacher Preparation
Bachelor of Arts in Education
(Note: Above mention programs are offered by the foreign universities and are not available in Nepal)
After completing the program, which subject I get to teach?
After completing the program, you will be able to teach the subjects you have specialized in.
Can I apply for the government job?
Yes, you can apply for the government jobs but you have to appear and pass the test administered by the Public Service Commission.
How do I get teaching license?
After completing the Bachelor of Education successfully, you have to sit on the examination administered by the Teacher Service Commission. If you pass the test you TSC will issue the license.
What is the tuition fee of the Bachelor of Education?
The actual cost of studying the bachelor of Education has not been revealed however, it may range from NRs.300,000 to NRs. 400,000.
Will there be any activities apart from lectures?
The program aspires to provide students with both conceptual knowledge and practical skills. Activities like seminars, class discussion and research are held regularly.