© EduNepal (2018) All rights reserved
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Bachelor of Business Administration is an ideal program for those willing to make a career in the business fraternity. The program is designed to equip a student with the conceptual knowledge and practical skills required to function well in the ever changing business environment. Furthermore, the program aspires to build confidence and entrepreneurial skills so that graduates can run their own business venture. The program has five key components: foundation courses, core courses, concentration courses, elective courses and project work & internship.
Some major objectives of the program are:
- To develop communication skills
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of business management
- To develop problem solving and decision-making skills
- To enable students to function well in ever changing business environment
- To enable students to function independently as well as in team
- To develop ethical values and research skills
Cost of study
The tuition fees vary depending on the facilities and infrastructures offered by the universities and colleges.
Generally, colleges affiliated to the Tribhuvan University charges around NRs. 4 to 5 lakhs.
The Kathmandu University charges NRs. 720,000 for the program.
The Pokhara University charges NRs. 2,40,000 for the program.
The Purbanchal University charges NRs. 1,37,000 for the program.
Duration of course
The Bachelor of Business Administration is awarded after the completion of 4 years program comprising eight semesters and 120 credit hours. Apart from lectures, the classes comprise case work, project assignments, presentations and field visits.
Career prospects in Nepal:
Several new companies are being established and they are in a continuous search of an educated and skilled manpower. If you have earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree, you will never run out of the options. The degree prepares you to enter the mid-level posts. You can find a job in both private and public organizations. You can serve as a marketing executive, human resources manager, financial analyst, human resources generalist, executive assistant, operating manager, economist, business adviser, financial manager, financial risk analyst, office manager, product manager, project manager etc.
- An applicant interested to join the BBA program should have completed +2 in management or science faculty
- Should pass CMAT examination conducted by the Tribhuvan University followed by the personal interview
- A candidate willing to join the BBA should have secured at least 50% marks.
- A candidate willing to join KU BBA program should pass KUUMAT examination conducted by the Kathmandu University which is followed by the personal interview
- Complete and signed application form along with an application fee
- Copy of academic certificates (SLC/SEE and +2)
- Copy of character certificates issued by school and college
- Copy of citizenship card
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Migration Certificate
Colleges affiliated to the Tribhuvan University should compulsorily provide scholarships to two deserving students who have completed their SLC through community schools and passed CMAT. UP to fifty percent tuition fee is waivered.
Pokhara University School of Business, Kaski provides scholarship to nineteen students. Forty-five affiliated colleges provide scholarships to 165 deserving students.
Each year Kathmandu University provides scholarship for needy and academically bright students under the KU SOE Scholarship program. At the time of admission students get the scholarship on the need basis and the scholarship continues if you secure good marks in the 1st semester’s end-semester examination.
Everest Foundation endows scholarship for BBA program run by Purbanchal University, Pokhara University and Tribhuvan University. However, it does not cover the entire tuition fee. Students get up to eighty-five percent off on tuition fees.
List of colleges offering BBA programs in Nepal
Colleges affiliated to TU
- Shanker Dev Campus
- Campion College
- College of Applied Business
- Everest College Kathmandu Model College
- Institute of Management Studies
- K &K International College
- Kantipur College of Management and Information Technology
- Modern Nepal College
- Prime College
- Thames International College
- Universal College
Colleges affiliated to Kathmandu University
- Nepal College of Management
- Little Angel’s College of Management
Colleges affiliated to Purbanchal University
- Balkumari College
- Kantipur City College
- College of Information Technology and Engineering
- Sagarmatha Multiple College
- Kathmandu Donbosco College
- Kantipur International College
- SANN International College
- Presidency College of Management Sciences
- Novel Academy
- Zenith International College
- White House Graduate School of Management
- Kantipur Valley College
- Times Business School
Colleges affiliated to Pokhara University
- Nepal College of Information Technology
- Nobel College
- Oxford College of Engineering and Management
- National Open College
- National Academy of Science and Technology
- Cosmos College of Management and Technology
- Crimson College of Computer Technology
- Brihaspati College
- Apex College
- Ace Institute of Management
The fresher earn from NRs. 12,000 to NRs. 20,000 every month depending upon the post and organization.
Further study option
After attaining BBA degree, students can further their education by joining MBA course.
Bachelor of Business Studies
Bachelor of Business Management
Bachelor of Information Management
What is the grading system of BBA?
In-semester carries 40% and semester-end examinations carries 60% of total marks. Students securing below ‘C’ grade in the internal examination won’t be able to appear in the end-semester examination. Students will be awarded with the BBA degree only if they secure minimum of ‘C’ grade in the final examinations.
Does college provide placements after completing the course?
No, generally colleges do not provide placements to BBA graduates.
I studied science in +2, but now I am thinking about joining BBA. Will it be difficult for me to study BBA?
Yes, it will be difficult for you to study the BBA program because you won’t have any prior knowledge related to the subject. However, you just have to pay a little more attention and work bit hard and you will catch up.
Is internship mandatory?
In the final year, you have to submit the report which you will be preparing on the basis of your internship. So, yes internship is compulsory.
Is BBA a professional course?
No, BBA is not a professional career. It’s an undergraduate program that prepares you to enter in the mid- level job in the business firms. Programs like, MBBS, LLB, Engineering is called the professional course.